Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Long Wait...

Our adoption journey began in July, 2005 after attending our first adoption information meeting at Children's Hope International. I think I knew subconsciously long ago that I would someday adopt. After working in social work for a number of years, the seed had already been planted, unbeknownst to me. I must admit, Brad was a little cool to the idea at first. On Labor Day, 2005 he gave me a card that had on the cover the symbol of a man + woman=baby carriage. Of course, I cried! And so, our real journey began on that day. We started our paperwork in early October, 2005 and eventually sent our dossier to China and were officially
"logged in" on March 22nd, 2006. At that point, the wait time from start to finish (beginning of paperwork to child) was 10-12 months. 3 years and 9 months later, we are FINALLY next! We are all excited beyond words to meet our new daughter and Quinn's little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment